Dessert / Sweet
Fresh Water Chestnut Panacotta with Pecan nut and Honeycomb
Recipe Servings: 5
Total Cook Time:
A healthy dessert option with a nutty twist. You wouldn’t turn to anything else after this unique and delicious Panacotta recipe.
Ingredients Of Fresh Water Chestnut Panacotta With Pecan Nut And Honeycomb
- 375 Ml Cooking cream
- 150 Ml Milk
- 175 Gram Chestnut puree
- 1 Nos Orange rind
- A pinch of Cinnamon powder
- 7 Gram Gelatine Leaves
- For Honeycomb:
- 50 Gram Honey
- 125 Gram Glucose
- 15 Gram Baking soda
- 325 Gram Sugar
- 60 Ml Water
How to Make Fresh Water Chestnut Panacotta with Pecan nut and Honeycomb
- Combine cream, milk, chestnut puree, orange rind, cinnamon powder in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 2-3 mins or until soft. Drain the excess water and add to the milk mixture.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve in a jug and allow it cool. Then divide the mixture in to small glasses and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Mix all the ingredients except baking soda.
- Cook until the syrup turns light amber in colour.
- Turn off the heat and quickly add baking soda. Stir well to combine. Pour the mixture in to the greased tin and allow it to cool.
- Cut in to desired shape and serve with panacotta.
Mother Christmas Cake
Recipe Servings : 4
Prep Time :
Cook Time :
Total Cook Time :
The classic christmas cake with delicious apple pie covered in tarts and cherries. Christmas would be incomplete without relishing on this fruity-sweet cake.
Ingredients Of Mother Christmas Cake
- 3 Cups Tart Apples (2 large), peeled
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Apple juice
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extracts
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Apple pie spice (cinnamon)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Candied red cherries (halved)
- 1/2 pound Candied green cherried (halved)
- 1/2 pound Candied pineapple (diced)
- Cashews (optional), salty
How to Make Mother Christmas Cake
- Line three 8×4-inch loaf pans with waxed paper
- Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and apple juice; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add to apple mixture; mix well.
- Combine the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- Fold in pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Cool completely.
Faldhari Badam ki Burfi
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
A sugar free Mithai to savour this festive season without worrying about health!
Ingredients Of Faldhari Badam Ki Burfi
- 1 1/2 Cups Mawa (crushed)
- 1 Cup Dehydrated Mix Fruits, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Nuts(Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachios and Figs), chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cardamoms
- A pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- Sugar – 45 Gm
How to Make Faldhari Badam ki Burfi
- Combine the Mawa and Sugar in a deep non-stick Kadhai.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed Nuts, Dehydrated chopped fruits, Cardamom Powder and Nutmeg Powder.
- Mix them well.
- Put the mixture into a greased Aluminum tin.
- Keep aside for 5 hours to let the mixture cool down.
- Cut into equal pieces and serve.
Copyright © 2018 Hasnain Zaki. All Rights Reserved.