1. Eggs with Soldiers: Place 4 eggs in a saucepan of boiling water, then cook over low heat, 4 to 5 minutes; drain. Slice off the tops and season with salt and pepper. Serve with toast strips.2. Medium-Boiled Eggs: Place 4 eggs in a saucepan of boiling water, then cook over low heat, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain, peel and halve; top with herbed butter.3. Breaded Eggs: Make Medium-Boiled Eggs (No. 2); peel, then roll in flour, dip in beaten eggs and roll in panko. Shallow-fry in vegetable oil, turning, until crisp.4. Scotch Eggs: Make Medium-Boiled Eggs (No. 2); peel. Pat bulk sausage around each egg to encase it. Roll in flour, dip in beaten eggs, then roll in panko. Shallow-fry in vegetable oil, turning, until crisp.5. Hard-Cooked Eggs: Place 4 to 6 eggs in a large saucepan, cover with cold water by 1 inch and bring to a simmer. Cover, remove from the heat and set aside, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, then peel in a bowl of cold water.6. Pickled Eggs: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5); peel and place in a large jar, then fill the jar with pickled beet juice. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.7. Classic Deviled Eggs: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5). Halve lengthwise and scoop out the yolks. Mash with 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon mustard, and a pinch each of cayenne, salt and pepper. Scoop into the whites.
Tarragon Egg Salad Recipe
8. Tarragon Egg Salad: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5); chop. Mix with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 chopped shallot, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, and salt and pepper. Serve on pumpernickel bread with sliced cucumbers.9. Tea Eggs: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5); crack the shells but don’t peel. Simmer in a saucepan with 1/2 cup soy sauce, 3 cups water, 4 star anise pods, 3 black tea bags and a strip of orange peel, 1 hour. Drain and peel.10. Egg-Mushroom Salad: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5); chop. Fry 2 cups sliced mushrooms and 1 cup chopped onion in 1/3 cup olive oil. Mix with the eggs, 3 tablespoons sour cream, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper. Serve on rye toast.
11. Scalloped Eggs: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5). Slice and layer in a buttered baking dish with 2 sliced boiled potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk 6 tablespoons each milk and sour cream with 1 tablespoon flour. Pour over the eggs, top with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees F, 25 minutes.12. Basic Scramble: Whisk 2 eggs with 1 to 2 teaspoons milk or heavy cream; season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add the eggs and stir until just set.13. Pastrami Scramble: Make Basic Scramble (No. 12), adding 2 ounces sliced pastrami. Top with smoked gouda and scallions.14. Biscuit Sandwich: Make Basic Scramble (No. 12), adding 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Split a biscuit and melt a slice of cheddar on the bottom; top with a cooked sausage patty and the eggs. Cover with the biscuit top.15. Spicy Scramble: Make Basic Scramble (No. 12); add 1/3 cup shredded cheddar, and diced jalapeno to taste.16. Creamy Scramble: Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons cream cheese, 2 teaspoons chopped chives, and salt and pepper. Whisk until just set.
Smoked Salmon Scramble
17. Smoked-Salmon Scramble: Make Creamy Scramble (No. 16); serve on toasted whole-grain bread with smoked salmon.18. Quick Egg Muffin: Beat 1 egg and salt and pepper in a mug with a fork; microwave 45 seconds. Serve on an English muffin with melted cheddar.19. Kimchi Eggs: Sauté 1/2 cup drained kimchi and 2 sliced scallions in a nonstick skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 beaten eggs and stir until just set.20. Migas: Sauté 4 thinly sliced corn tortillas and 1/2 cup each sliced onion and roasted poblano peppers in a skillet with vegetable oil, 5 minutes. Add 5 beaten eggs and stir until just set. Top with grated cheddar, salsa and cilantro.
21. French Scramble: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Add 4 beaten eggs and stir until just set, 8 to 10 minutes. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons crème fraîche.22. Caviar Scramble: Make French Scramble (No. 21). Serve in clean eggshells; top with caviar.
23. Breakfast Burritos: Cook 1/2 cup diced chorizo, 1/2 diced onion and 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 beaten eggs and 1/2 cup cotija cheese; scramble. Divide among flour tortillas, top with salsa and roll up.24. Matzo Brei: Cook 1 sliced onion in 6 tablespoons butter in a nonstick skillet. Crumble 2 matzos in a colander and rinse with water. Beat 4 eggs with the matzo, add to the skillet and scramble until set; season with salt and pepper.25. Classic Omelet: Beat 2 eggs with salt and pepper. Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add 1/2 tablespoon butter and swirl to melt. Add the eggs and stir briefly with a rubber spatula, then let the bottom set but not brown. Fold like a letter.26. Spinach Omelet: Make Classic Omelet (No. 25); before folding, fill with 3 tablespoons chopped cooked spinach and 2 tablespoons goat cheese.27. Asparagus Omelet: Make Classic Omelet (No. 25); before folding, fill with 3 tablespoons chopped cooked asparagus and 2 tablespoons shredded gouda.28. Fruit Omelet: Make Classic Omelet (No. 25) without pepper; before folding, fill with sliced strawberries. Top with ricotta.29. Healthy Omelet: Cook and crumble 1 slice turkey bacon. Toast 1/4 cup corn in the drippings; add 2 tablespoons salsa verde. Make Classic Omelet (No. 25) with 4 egg whites, and olive oil instead of butter. Fill with the bacon and corn before folding.30. Family Omelet: Beat 8 eggs with 2 tablespoons milk, and salt and pepper. Cook in a large skillet as directed for Classic Omelet (No. 25); fill with 1/2 cup each diced ham, gruyère and sautéed peppers.
31. Sweet Omelet: Make Classic Omelet (No. 25) without pepper; fill with 1 tablespoon jam. Top with confectioners’ sugar.32. Poached Eggs: Bring a skillet of water with a splash of vinegar to a simmer. Crack eggs into individual cups, slip into the water and poach until the whites set. Remove with a slotted spoon.33. Eggs Benedict: Make the hollandaise: Purée egg yolk, with 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and cayenne and salt to taste. Pulse in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Place the sauce in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk until thick. Make Poached Eggs (No. 32); serve on English muffins with fried Canadian bacon and the hollandaise.
34. Arepas Benedict: Make Eggs Benedict (No. 33); use arepas or corn cakes instead of English muffins and serrano ham instead of Canadian bacon. Stir chopped cilantro into the hollandaise.35. Bacon-and-Egg Salad: Make Poached Eggs (No. 32). Sprinkle bacon with five-spice powder and fry until crisp; crumble and toss with arugula, sliced pear and vinaigrette. Top with the eggs.36. Nest Egg: Cut a round out of a slice of bread; toast the bread in a nonstick skillet with butter. Crack an egg into the hole, add salt and pepper, cover and cook until the white sets. Serve with bacon.37. Nest Egg with Manchego: Cut a round out of a slice of bread; flatten and press back in the hole. Toast the bread in an ovenproof skillet with butter. Crack an egg into the hole, sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated manchego and bake at 375? until set, 2 minutes. Top with smoked paprika and parsley.38. Eggs in Purgatory: Fill a small baking dish halfway with hot marinara sauce. Crack in 6 eggs and bake at 350 degrees F until the whites are firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Top with Parmesan.39. Moroccan Eggs: Toast 1 cup chickpeas and some ground cumin and paprika in an ovenproof skillet with olive oil. Fill the skillet with hot marinara sauce. Crack in 6 eggs and bake at 350 degrees F until the whites are firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
40. Fried Eggs: Crack 4 eggs into a skillet with 2 teaspoons bacon drippings, butter or oil. Add salt and pepper; cook until the edges are opaque, 2 minutes. Cover and cook 4 to 6 more minutes.
41. Fried Eggwich: Make 1 Fried Egg (No. 40) and fry 2 slices Canadian bacon. Serve on a toasted English muffin with sliced tomato and jack cheese.42. Steak and Eggs: Mix 1/2 stick soft butter with Worcestershire sauce. Season 1 pound flank steak with salt and pepper; sear in plain butter. Make Fried Eggs (No. 40). Slice the steak and top with the flavored butter and the eggs.
43. Hash-Brown Eggs: Fry 1 cup each chopped onion and grated potato in a cast-iron skillet with butter until crisp. Add 1/2 cup grated cheddar and crack in 2 eggs. Bake at 425 degrees F until set; top with salsa.44. Fry-Up: Fry 2 sausage links, 2 sausage patties and 4 bacon slices in a skillet. Add 1 sliced tomato, crack in 4 eggs, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the eggs set.
Nicoise Deviled Eggs
45. Nicoise Deviled Eggs: Make Hard-Cooked Eggs (No. 5); halve and scoop out the yolks. Mash with 3 tablespoons olive oil, a can of tuna, chopped parsley and a splash of lemon juice. Scoop into the whites; top with sliced olives and tomatoes.
Nicoise Deviled Eggs
46. Huevos Rancheros: Sauté 1 each diced jalapeno and garlic clove in a skillet with vegetable oil and a pinch of cumin. Add 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 tablespoon chopped chipotles in adobo; simmer until thick. Add 4 eggs and poach until set. Serve with tortillas and queso fresco.47. Spaghetti Pie: Mix 1/2 cup milk, 8 beaten eggs, 3 cups cooked spaghetti, 1 cup shredded pecorino, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook 1/4 pound diced pancetta in a small cast-iron skillet. Add the egg mixture and cook until the bottom sets, then bake at 325 degrees F, 25 minutes.48. Ham Frittata: Beat 8 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup shredded pecorino, and salt and pepper. Sauté 1 cup sliced asparagus and 3 ounces diced ham in an ovenproof nonstick skillet with oil. Add the eggs; cook until the bottom sets, then bake at 325 degrees F, 25 minutes.
49. Spring Frittata: Soak 1/2 cup stale bread cubes in 1/2 cup milk; mix with 8 beaten eggs. Add 3/4 cup ricotta, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, and salt and pepper. Sauté 1 cup shredded zucchini in an ovenproof nonstick skillet with oil. Add the egg mixture; cook as directed for Ham Frittata (No. 48).50. Spanish Tortilla: Simmer 2 1/2 pounds sliced potatoes and 1 sliced onion in 1 1/2 cups olive oil until tender. Drain, then mix with 8 beaten eggs. Pour into a nonstick skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook until almost set, 15 minutes; flip and finish cooking, 5 more minutes.
Spicy Egg Curry
Total Time : 35 Mins
Pre Time :15 Mins
Spicy Egg Curry is a delicious and wholesome main course recipe. This is an easy egg recipe that you can prepare using some easily available ingredients like eggs, tamarind paste, green chilies, ginger, mustard seeds, curry leaves, coconut milk with tomato-onion gravy. Thick in texture, this gravy is a flavoursome recipe that can prepared very quickly. If you’re of fond of eggs, then this is your go-to recipe. It’s high on spice quotient and tastes amazing when paired with rice, appam or chappati. You can also pair it with plain dosas. This scrumptious recipe is a perfect melange of spicy and tangy spices and boiled eggs. If you are bored with the usual egg gravies, this recipe will surely please your taste buds with a burst of flavours in every bite. It tastes best when served with white coconut chutney and appam. You can make this quick recipe for special occasions like kitty parties, lunch or dinner parties, potlucks, anniversaries. If you like it more rich and creamy, you can add some fresh cream to this Spicy Egg recipe. To make it taste rich, you can cook it using ghee, this will accentuate the taste and aroma of this quick recipe. If you want to experiment a bit with this dish, you can also use poached eggs. In fact, it all depends on your palate preference. However, we suggest you to first try it with boiled fried eggs. To make this dish even more aromatic you can dry roast the spices separately, and also add a dash of dry roasted spices before serving the dish, this will make your Egg gravy more scrumptious. Last but not the least garnishing of any dish reflects the chef’s passion to cook. To make it even more eye-grabbing you can garnish it with a dash of fresh cream, grated coconut, fried curry leaves and freshly chopped coriander.so don a chef’s hat and serve this delicious recipe to your loved ones.
Ingredients of Spicy Egg Curry
How to make Spicy Egg Curry
Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame. Add the mustard seeds and fry them for few seconds. Once they start to splutter, add the onions and saute until they turn slightly pinkish in hue. Now add the cinnamon and chopped green chillies. Fry for a minute or two. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the ginger, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and stir-fry for a minute. Cook these spices until the oil starts to separate. Add the tamarind paste and 1 cup of water. Simmer for a minute or two.
Add the coconut milk, salt and curry leaves. Stir well and simmer for a minute. Add the eggs and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes over low flame. Stir gently ensuring the eggs stay intact. Garnish with coriander leaves. To make the garnishing more aromatic, fry curry leaves, crush and add it to the egg recipe, this makes it even more delicious and flavoursome. Serve with hot rice or as a side dish with dosas or appams.